Every year has its ups and downs, and sometimes the ups outnumber the downs. 2015 was a year with a lot of ups and downs, but it was a good year for us here at Clockpunk Studios. Besides setting into motion some plans for the future, and of course continuing our goal to provide the best maintenance and site care around for all of our support clients, we unveiled quite a few new author websites over the course of 2015. Here are just a few of them:
- For author Kelly Baker‘s website, she needed a design that reflected her unique brand of nonfiction writing, including The Zombies Are Coming!, a look at the zombie apocalypse in American culture. She brought us a series of images to use in the design, and we put together a striking site that we think evokes the feel of her writing.
- David Mack has written books and comics for everything from Star Trek and Farscape to Wolverine and 24. That’s a lot of books to keep track of, but Clockpunk Studios was up to the challenge. We especially enjoyed working with artist Jordan Grimmer to design the evocative header image to reflect David’s upcoming original contemporary fantasy series.
- As an author of young adult books–including a new series of novels that puts the DC Comics character Lois Lane front-and-center in her own adventures–Gwenda Bond needed a website that popped, while also reflecting some of the “magic and mystery” that the daredevil heroine of her original novel Girl on a Wire discovers “lurking beneath the big top.”
- Jennifer Robson‘s site needed to showcase her historical fiction, and the soft-focus image of the Eiffel Tower from her new novel Moonlight Over Paris seemed to capture the design, which we carried through in colors and other little touches, while also incorporating all of our custom functionality to make sure that the site works as good as it looks.
- We rounded out the year by fitting in a site redesign and relaunch for author Christopher Kastensmidt’s historic Brazilian fantasy series The Elephant and Macaw Banner, incorporating extensive blog posts and image galleries of artwork from the series and setting.
Those are just a few of the sites that we designed and launched for authors, editors, publishers, and other businesses in 2015. Last year also saw the launch of a new site for fantasy author Mishell Baker, complete with a custom private forum for her readers, not to mention sites for New York Times bestselling author Anne Frasier and EverAfter Romance, to name a few. We had a good year in 2015, and we’re hoping that 2016 brings even bigger and better things! We tend to book up fast, so if you’d like your new author website to launch in 2016, contact us today so that this time next year, we can be looking back at your beautiful new site!